We have an exciting role within our Project Management Team for a versatile and energetic Project Manager to be based in our Chicagoland office. This is a challenging and rewarding role that will increase the scope and reach of the current Project Management team in the US territory. The Project Manager will ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and that all teams, both internal and external are monitored and completing tasks within agreed time-frames.
NMI is an international market-leading FinTech company. We are a Payment Gateway which develops the most trusted payments software for customers in 38 countries across the world. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, Salt Lake City and New York, our payment technology powers millions of card payment transactions securely and reliably worldwide. Whether you were ordering a burger, paying for parking or booking a train ticket, we power the communication of so many payments that there's a good chance you've already used the NMI payment gateway, without even knowing it.
If you want to join a team of industry leading experts, are passionate, talented, and ambitious and want to drive the continued development, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for creative and passionate people who share our vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements below, then get in touch!
What will I be doing?
- Defining project task priorities, dependencies within project structure via project plans and timelines
- Working on projects in conjunction with our strategic partnerships for mutual benefit
- Creating and delivering presentations to potential customers or partners, supporting a member of the commercial team
- Working with ISV/ISO customers ensuring a smooth transition through the integration and service delivery
- Working with large merchant/retail customers ensuring a smooth transition through the integration and service delivery
- Identifying potential project delays and ways to bring the project back on track via identification of process efficiencies and ways of truncating project timelines
- Planning, monitoring and scheduling resources for a group of projects
- Tracking & reporting overall progress, including 'revenue verses cost' for multiple projects
- Acting as escalation route for UK based projects when outside of UK hours
- Deliver reports on process improvement initiatives
- Performing quality reviews
- Maintaining a dashboard of progress to C-level executives
- Encourage successful communication amongst team members
- 35% travel – will be expected to travel across North America as required and to Bristol office in the U.K. on occasion. The initial induction will be at our UK Bristol Office for the first 2 weeks of employment.
Do I have what it takes?
- At least 3 years Project Management experience in the Technology sector (or similar) which incorporates project life cycle and release.
- Strong technical aptitude and confident learning new technologies
- Some understanding of the software development cycle is desirable
- Excellent organization, administration and project management skills
- Ability to problem solve, identify solutions and escalations
- Ability to recognize change in project scope and adjust accordingly
- Ability to recognize high-level opportunities for improvement and change
- PMP Certification preferred but not required (or equivalent qualification)
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills with third parties (technical and/or commercial)
- Contractual and commercial experience
- “Can Do” Attitude, a voracious learning appetite and desire to improve
- Comfortable with responsibility and working at the leading edge of payment technology
- Knowledge of current PM tools, i.e. Wrike, Salesforce, desirable
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Sick time
- 14 Paid Holidays (including your birthday)
- Life, ADD, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k Matching up to 4%
- Casual Dress
- Fun Culture Events
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.