Graduate Analyst - Payment Device Certification
We are looking for a Certifications Analyst with a high level of motivation and attention to detail to join our Certifications team based at our offices in central Bristol. The Certifications team is responsible for our processor and acquirer integrations providing real time transaction connectivity for customers worldwide. It’s important that these integrations go through certification, with associated payment terminals, in order to meet the strict standards criteria required by Visa, Mastercard, American Express and other card schemes. This is called EMV Level 3 certification.
NMI develops the most trusted payment software for mobile, online and in-store that is relied on in 38 countries, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. With offices in Bristol, New York, Chicago and Salt Lake City, our payment technology powers millions of customers worldwide, ensuring they can take payments worth billions, securely and reliably.
You've probably used our software when ordering a burger, shopping online or booking a train ticket - without realising it! If you are passionate, talented, ambitious and want to join a team of industry leading experts to drive our continued development, we want to hear from you!
Check out more about working for us here: https://bristolcalling.com/company/nmi/
What will I be doing?
The majority of this role will be concerned with the certification of payment terminals and the associated integrations into financial institutions (acquirers and processors). Please note that this is not a typical or standard Software Test / QA position and the candidate should have a good understanding of the technical aspect of this but not expect to be testing as the majority of the role.
Key areas will be:
- Taking requirements provided by the sales channel and ensuring that the terminals are capable of meeting them.
- Communicating with financial institutions in order to request projects with appropriate justifications and clarifications.
- Understanding and executing test scripts provided by the card schemes for contact and contactless cards.
- Collating test results and returning them to financial institutions for their analysis and feedback.
- Regularly following up with financial institutions to obtain project status and to encourage things forward.
- Working with the financial institutions to resolve issues and repeat tests cases as they are required.
- Continually feeding back results and project status to the immediate team and at times wider organisation.
- Collating records of completed certifications and keeping track of expiration dates and the requirements for recertification.
The company operates a flexitime system whereby employees can start their shifts between 8.00 am and 10.00 am and finish their shifts between 4.00pm and 6.00pm respectively, Monday to Friday. Due to working with companies across multiple time zones; on occasion you may be asked to work additional / alternate hours. You may therefore be required to work outside of the core hours on evenings.
Training and Induction
At the commencement of the role, it will initially involve spending some weeks working within our specialised EMV kernel team, who work alongside the Certifications team. This will include specific training from our industry experts on some of the detailed aspects of how contact and contactless transactions are processed by payment terminals, and an understanding of the different levels of EMV certifications and how this fits within the wider payment industry. It will also provide the opportunity to get some practical experience of how payment devices work. Once this is completed it will enable the Certification Analyst to begin their work in the Certifications team having gained an understanding of the industry and the technologies used.
Do I have what it takes?
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ideally Technical or Mathematical educational background or equivalent
- Good general technical skills and understanding
- Logical approach to problem solving and issue identification
- An understanding of numeral systems such as hexadecimal and binary
- Willingness to regularly chase third-party suppliers for updates
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of work and communication
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience of software and hardware test processes
- Using ticket management tools such as Jira, Trac etc.
- Writing unit tests in common development language such as C#, Java, PHP
- Using test tools (such as those supplied by UL, ICC Solutions and FIME)
- Standard SQL commands for selecting, inserting, updating, deleting etc.
- Version control in a multi-user environment (Subversion, Git, CVS ...)
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Annual salary of £22,000-£26,000 (negotiable dependant on experience)
- 25 holiday days each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
- Annual bonus scheme
- A chance to develop with an allocated company training budget
- Private health insurance
- Bike2Work Scheme (government-backed cycle to work scheme)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Perkbox subscription - discounts on gyms, restaurants, high st retailers, cinema tickets etc
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- Great central BS1 location with one of the best views in Bristol!
We’re looking for creative and passionate people who share our vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then get in touch!
All offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a licence for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the UK. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the UK. For further information on the necessary eligibility documents please click here: http://bit.ly/1lbaGUx