Software Developer C#
We are looking for a developer with broad knowledge and breadth of skills to join our Platform development team. The Platform Development Team is responsible for the central processing layer which is our fundamental server powering all our products and services, operating within a highly secure operating environment mandated by Visa and MasterCard. The majority of this role will be concerned with the continued development of our core platform, to support new customers from around the globe, new products and services, bespoke customer requirements, new feature requests and general enhancements.The ideal candidates will have good experience in C# or C++ with a background in other languages such as Java and SQL. Candidates without C# or C++ experience will be considered with the expectation of object orientated development experience in another language and appropriate academic qualifications.
The projects for which the developer will participate will vary within the areas for which the development team is responsible. Some of the projects will require high levels of interaction with customers and suppliers, where others will be focused upon internal infrastructure in order to enhance and extend the existing systems.
NMI is an international market leading FinTech company. A Payment Gateway which develops the most trusted payments software for customers in 38 countries across the world. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, Salt Lake City and New York, our payment technology powers millions of card payment transactions, worth billions, securely and reliably, worldwide. In fact, you've probably already used our software without even realising it. Whether you were ordering a burger, paying for parking or booking a train ticket, we power the communication of so many payments that there's a good chance you've already used the NMI payment gateway, without even knowing it.
If you want to join a team of industry leading experts, are passionate, talented, and ambitious and want to drive the continued development, we want to hear from you!
- Good understanding and experience of C# in a commercial environment
- Minimum 2 years experience in development
- Common SQL and at least one Database Management System
- Attention to detail in all aspects of development and customer contact
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience of C#, C++, Go or Java in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Stored Procedures
- Understanding and experience of cryptography and its application in different areas
- An understanding of the PCI security standards and the considerations relating to their use
- Understanding or experience of RESTful Web Services
- Understanding of Secure Programming Practices
- An understanding of networking principals and protocols such as sockets, HTTPS, DNS and TLS
- Experience in the payment processing industry
- Version control in a multi-user environment
- Development and support of our processing applications and tools
- Development and support of internal processes relating to different aspects of payments
- Development and support of other applications required for the companies procedures
- Part of the team dealing with customer queries and issue resolution
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary of up to £37,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- 25 days holiday each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
- Annual bonus scheme
- A chance to develop with an allocated company training budget
- Private health insurance
- Bike2Work Scheme (government-backed cycle to work scheme)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Perkbox subscription - discounts on gyms, restaurants, high st retailers, cinema tickets etc
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- Beautiful Bristol Harbourside location (have a look at our instagram @nmipayments)
- Welcoming company culture, including many interest groups from Yoga to D&D
- As an international company there is the possibility of world travel to any number of our European and North American locations
We’re looking for creative and passionate people. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then get in touch!
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a licence for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the UK. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the UK. For further information on the necessary eligibility documents please click here: http://bit.ly/1lbaGUx