Linux Systems Administrator
NMI, a global leader in payment technologies, allows software professionals to deliver payment innovations to their clients without having to build payment expertise in house. Our global team of payment industry leaders build solutions that allow merchants to take any payment in any location; from retail point of sale terminals, eCommerce web sites, call centers and even in automated toll and payment devices with no human intervention. Our team is tasked by our clients and partners with remaining ahead of the curve on the future of payments so that their merchants can deliver the easiest possible consumer experience.
Linux System Administrators at NMI work relentlessly to improve, refine, and support all layers of our technology stack. “Status quo” is not in your vocabulary. You strive to automate every process, building scalable solutions on a foundation of visibility, stability, and security.
How does your typical week break down?
- Execution - 60%
Turning ideas into action through coding and infrastructure support. It’s all about getting stuff done! You are proactive to turn thoughts and conversations into results.
- Teamwork / Communication - 30%
Regular team meetings to discuss current and long term projects. Daily peer reviews, task pairing, participate in the on-call rotation, and most important... document everything.
- Innovation - 10%
Plan, research, evaluate, propose! Consistently demonstrate the importance of investing time now to exponentially save time and resources later.
- Ability to use and quickly acclimate to a wide array of technologies and tools with a focus on open-source
- Logging: Syslog, Graylog, Fluent, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kabana
- Infrastructure: F5-LTM, JunOS, Multi-path iSCSI, Fiber-Channel
- Services: Apache, Unbound, Postfix, Ssh, Kerberos, MySQL, PostgreSQL, HAProxy, etcd, consul
- Ability to code and script -- emphatic with incremental development, testing and deployments.
- Languages: python, ruby, bash, go
- Tools/Process: git, continuous-integration, continuous-deployment
- Development philosophy: test-driven design, convention over config, dependency injection, DRY, rapid prototype, service-oriented
- Experience with a variety of operating systems and technologies to support a diverse environment.
- RHEL , CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora
- Dell, Juniper, F5, NetApp, Compellent, Equalogic
- Proxmox, KVM, QEMU
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Done CI, Gradle, BuildBot, Gitlab CI
- Self-starter/Self-regulated – you don’t need to ask what to do next.
- Execute projects with minimal direction.
- Organized, concise, efficient
- Collaborative – breaching functional borders.
- Interpersonal skills are a must!
- Strong focus on business outcomes.
- Consistently developing knowledge of the business and our impact in the market.
- Fast forward by six months, what will the successful person in this position have achieved?
- Design, document, and implement an automated unit-testing for a real-time configuration management system.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Sick time
- 13.5 Paid Holidays (including your birthday and floating holidays)
- Life, ADD, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k Matching up to 4%
- Casual Dress
- Fun Culture Events (March Madness tournament, 80's day, Chili Cook-off, summer/winter parties)
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.