The Product Manager is responsible for strategy and prioritization of a product or product line. This market-driven individual defines product needs based on market problems and develops and maintains a product Roadmap based on industry experiences and contact with customers and prospects. The Product Manager determines the direction of a product by promoting and prioritizing initiatives that align with the business's strategy and vision.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Specify market problems for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers, non-customers, and industry conferences
- Identify market opportunities while defining product vision and strategy via the product roadmap
- Perform win/loss analysis
- Create and maintain user personas
- Create business plans and positioning documents for products and prospective products
- Write problem statements and use cases to be translated by the technical team for specification
- Process all incoming product requests and determine which should be completed
- Drive innovation by identifying new opportunities based on research, industry trends, and best practices, driving innovation
- Build a strong product management practice by continually assessing the needs of the customer, market trends, and competitive opportunities
- Conduct prioritization and strategy meetings with necessary stakeholders
- Prioritize products, features, and compliance projects.
- Create, maintain, and prioritize product backlog.
- Work with stakeholders to understand project priorities in order to best utilize resources for the most imminent needs
- Be available to stakeholders and address product inquiries and urgent product requests
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passion to seek an in-depth understanding of customer needs and turn that insight into a compelling vision and strategy for the product
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and analyses
- Effective communication skills including the ability to encourage people to provide ideas and explain requirements; expectation of working in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving with high attention to detail; ability to analyze situations accurately and reach productive decisions
- Excellent research, analytical and technical skills (Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Applications) with high attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Solid understanding of the payments industry, Product Manager Certification, and knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) are preferred, but not required
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate combination of education and experience
2+ years of experience in client interaction role
1 year of product management experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Sick time
- 14 Paid Holidays (including your birthday)
- Life, ADD, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k Matching up to 4%
- Casual Dress
- Fun Culture Events
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.