NMI, a global leader in payment technologies, allows software professionals to deliver payment innovations to their clients without having to build payment expertise in house. Our global team of payment industry leaders build solutions that allow merchants to take any payment in any location; from retail point of sale terminals, eCommerce web sites, call centers and even in automated toll and payment devices with no human intervention. Our team is tasked by our clients and partners with remaining ahead of the curve on the future of payments so that their merchants can deliver the easiest possible consumer experience.
As a Product Manager, you will guide a NMI’s strategy for our payments solution. This extends from managing strategy and roadmap as well as writing requirements and working with the rest of the product and delivery team as we build new capabilities that will take NMI into new clients and markets. You will be the voice of NMI to our clients, our prospects and all internal stakeholders. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical aptitude; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must also be the driving force behind the execution of that vision, working with product owners, development leaders and potentially also the user experience design resources who will translate your product vision into design and ultimately software.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with product owners to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the affiliate channel and key clients.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Product Delivery, Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, development build, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Work with Product Owners and User Experience as they take your requirements and write designs, deliver documentation prioritize and schedule the functional work.
- Drive best practices in roadmapping, requirements through story writing, product launch and product metric reviews to build a corporate culture of data driven decisions
- 5+ years of enterprise software product experience.
- Thorough understanding of agile scrum methodologies, ideally from the inside having had a product owner role in the past
- Ability to take market trends, customer & sales feedback and competitive intelligence and break them down into well defined, concise market strategy plans and business requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with customers, business and technical team members across the organization
- Knowledgeable in technology, ideally in financial technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective communication style
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in a distributed environment with colleagues located in different geographical regions and across various levels of departments and organizations to facilitate meetings with a business and a technical audience
- This position requires some travel to partner or prospect sites (under 25%)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Sick time
- 13.5 Paid Holidays (including your birthday)
- Life, ADD, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k Matching up to 4%
- Casual Dress
- Fun Culture Events
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.