Mid Level Front-End Developer
We are looking for a candidate with at least 3-4 years commercial experience to join our team.
The team builds, manages and supports all of NMI’s websites as well as various internal projects. We have just completed a brand new re-brand, re-build and design of the website and will shortly be looking into building out our pattern library for usage and role out throughout all our digital products. An exciting prospect for anyone interested in atomic or modular design on the web. With the role out of our new brand there is also the potential opportunity for taking part in certain elements of developer PR for the company.
Check out our new website at www.nmi.com as well as our previous website at archive.creditcall.com.
At the core we are looking for enthusiasm and passion for web development, an eye for digital design and healthy portfolio of previous work and side projects.
NMI is an international market leading FinTech company. A Payment Gateway which develops the most trusted payments software for customers in 38 countries across the world. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, Salt Lake City and New York, our payment technology powers millions of card payment transactions, worth billions, securely and reliably, worldwide. In fact, you've probably already used our software without even realising it. Whether you were ordering a burger, paying for parking or booking a train ticket, we power the communication of so many payments that there's a good chance you've already used the NMI payment gateway, without even knowing it.
If you want to join a team of industry leading experts, are passionate, talented, and ambitious and want to drive the continued development, we want to hear from you!
- 3-4 years commercial front-end experience
- Expert skills HTML, to create clear and semantic user interfaces
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Expert understanding of browser testing and debugging
- An working understanding of PHP
- Expert skills in CSS and and understanding of large scale structural patterns such as SMACSS and BEM.
- Understanding and usage of modern CSS pre-processing languages such as SASS, LESS etc.
- Understanding and usage of Grunt, Gulp and Webpack
- Solid experience translating designs from Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma etc.
- Experience using version control such as Git or SVN
- Strong portfolio
- A passion to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Experience of working in an agile environment coupled with excellent technical skills
Nice to have:
- CraftCMS experience
- Twig experience
- Laravel experience
- Vue.js experience
- A passion for great digital design and perhaps some design experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch etc.
- Good understanding of UX
- Ability to create wireframes and mockups with the use of any prototyping tool such as Balsamiq etc.
- A passion to use the latest and best frontend technologies
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary of £26,000-33,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- 25 days holiday each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Company sponsored self development with the company allocated Training / Conference budget.
- Choice of Mac or PC
- Flexi-time policy
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private health insurance
- Bike2Work Scheme (government-backed cycle to work scheme)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Perkbox subscription - discounts on gyms, restaurants, high st retailers, cinema tickets etc
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- Beautiful Bristol Harbourside location (have a look at our instagram)
- Welcoming company culture, including many interest groups from Yoga to D&D
- As an international company there is the possibility of world travel to any number of our European and North American locations
We’re looking for creative and passionate people. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then get in touch!
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a licence for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the UK. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the UK. For further information on the necessary eligibility documents please click here: http://bit.ly/1lbaGUx