Senior Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for a self-driven, committed candidate to join our busy infrastructure team in the heart of Bristol.
The infrastructure team is responsible for the running of all hardware and software within the office and production environments; this currently encompasses six datacenter presences geographically spread across the globe.
This role will include all aspects of the IT lifecycle, including gathering requirements for new systems, installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and decommissioning.
The candidate will take part in an on-call rota to ensure the constant availability of the platform and it’s provided services.
Attention to detail, critical thinking and thorough planning shall be core qualities of the successful candidate.
NMI develops the most trusted payment software for mobile, online and in-store that is relied on in 38 countries, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, New York and Salt Lake City, our payment technology powers millions of customers worldwide, ensuring they can take payments worth billions, securely and reliably.
You've probably used our software when ordering a burger, paying for parking or booking a train ticket - without realising it! If you want to join a team of industry leading experts, are passionate, talented, and ambitious and want to drive the continued development, we want to hear from you!
Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks. For this role, you must be eligible to travel to the US.
What will I be doing?
- Heavily involved in troubleshooting and resolving platform issues as they are reported (“business as usual”)
- Plan, schedule and deploy changes (both business and infrastructure driven) and provide guidance to colleagues undertaking these tasks themselves
- Be responsible for making sure platform monitoring and metrics remain updated and relevant
- Ensure strict security requirements for patching and hardening and adhered to
- Work closely with Infrastructure Manager to draft team objectives and ensure they are achieved on time and on budget
- Keep up to date with industry change and best practise
- Be curious, driven and willing to dive in at the deep end
- Analytically investigate problems and provide methodical steps to attempt resolution
- Analyse incidents and provide clear guidance on improvements and changes to ensure non-recurrence
Do I have what it takes?
Essential Skills & Experience
- Deploy, configure and maintain Windows server systems (both GUI and core), including deep understanding of the following services:
- Excellent knowledge of PowerShell for automation of common system tasks
- Deploy, configure and maintain virtualisation platforms, preferably VMWare
- Deploy, configure and maintain SAN platforms, preferably Dell or Netapp
- Deploy, configure and maintain load balancing systems, preferably F5
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP in an enterprise, multi-site environment
- Self-driven with a keen eye for detail and completing tasks thoroughly
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal in a multi-time zone office environment
- Comfortable and able to travel to remote datacentres and offices in other countries around the globe
- Full UK driving licence
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Comfortable navigating and performing tasks on Linux systems
- Provide guidance and mentoring to colleagues as required
- Mad Slack based GIF selection skills (GIF creation abilities desired)
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Annual salary of £40,000-50,000 (dependant on experience)
- 25 holiday days each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Flexi-time policy
- Annual bonus scheme
- A chance to develop with an allocated company training budget
- Private health insurance
- Bike2Work Scheme (government-backed cycle to work scheme)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Perkbox subscription - discounts on gyms, restaurants, high st retailers, cinema tickets etc
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- Great central BS1 location with one of the best views in Bristol!
We’re looking for creative and passionate people who share our vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then get in touch!
Please be aware that Creditcall does not operate a licence for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the UK. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the UK. For further information on the necessary eligibility documents please click here: http://bit.ly/1lbaGUx