Software Quality Engineer/Tester
We are looking for a developer with experience and interest in testing to join our Payment Solutions Team as a result of NMI's continued investment strategy in payments technology.
The Payment Solutions Team is responsible for our point-of-sale frameworks providing real time transaction capabilities for customers worldwide. It’s important that these frameworks go through rigorous testing when changes are made and this is automated as much as possible.
About UsNMI develops the most trusted payment software for mobile, online and in-store that is relied on in 38 countries, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, Salt Lake City and New York, our payment technology powers millions of customers worldwide, ensuring they can take payments worth billions, securely and reliably. You've probably used our software when ordering a burger, paying for parking, buying something online or booking a train ticket - without even realising it!
The majority of this role will be concerned with the development of automated test cases, managing the framework for the execution of these and feedback to framework developers to support new devices, customer requirements, internal feature requests and general enhancements.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Computer Science degree (or Masters conversion), or similar
- Be able to develop automated unit test cases from a variety of inputs: Integration developers, Requirements, Specifications, Release objectives, Issue reports, Code changes, Ticket resolutions
- Experience in using a common development environment e.g Visual Studio, Eclipse etc
- Experience of developing with an Object Oriented Language such as C#, C++, Java etc.
- Writing unit tests in common development language such as C#, Java, PHP.
- Using test management tools such as TestRail etc.
- Using ticket management tools such as Jira, Trac etc.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of developing and testing
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Standard SQL commands for selecting, inserting, updating, deleting etc.
- An understanding of Secure Programming Practices
- Version control in a multi-user environment (Subversion, Git, CVS ...)
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Annual salary of £25k to £32k (dependant on experience)
- 25 holiday days each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
- Annual bonus scheme
- A chance to develop with an allocated company training budget
- Private health insurance
- Bike2Work Scheme (government-backed cycle to work scheme)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Perkbox subscription - discounts on gyms, restaurants, high st retailers, cinema tickets etc
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- Great central BS1 location with one of the best views in Bristol!
We’re looking for creative and passionate people who share our vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then get in touch!
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a licence for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the UK. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the UK. For further information on the necessary eligibility documents please click here: http://bit.ly/1lbaGUx