Technical Support Specialist
NMI is an international market leading FinTech company. A Payment Gateway which develops the most trusted payments software for customers in 38 countries across the world. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, Salt Lake City and New York, our payment technology powers millions of card payment transactions, worth billions, securely and reliably, worldwide. In fact, you've probably already used our software without even realizing it. Whether you were ordering a burger, paying for parking or booking a train ticket, we power the communication of so many payments that there's a good chance you've already used the NMI payment gateway, without even knowing it.
If you want to join a team of industry leading experts, are passionate, talented, and ambitious and want to drive the continued development, we want to hear from you!
The Support Specialist is a team player with exceptional problem solving skills who enjoys helping our customers with gateway application and website integration questions and issues. The Support Specialist will be empowered to solve problems independently and make decisions that he/she considers to be in the customer’s best interest. The successful incumbent is extremely confident in NMI’s products and in their own ability. They are computer savvy and pick up new computer technologies with ease. These team players are pro-active enough to work independently but also enjoy the camaraderie and support of their team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer phone calls and E-mails regarding technical support for Affiliate Partners and Merchants
- Communicating with Affiliate Partners on behalf of Merchants who sign up for value added services
- Answering technical questions from both in-house developers and Affiliate Partners
- Learning and maintaining knowledge of new and existing gateway features
- Troubleshooting technical issues by researching and/or collaborating with other team members to provide the client with excellent customer service
- Handle advanced troubleshooting of platforms or services.
- Responsible for working with partners, merchants and software providers for integration of our offered services such as QuickBooks SyncPay, iProcess, API, QuickClick, Mobile SDK’s, etc.
- Various related projects, as assigned.
- Minimum of 6 to 12 months of customer service experience.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience with programming languages (HTML, PHP, XML, etc.) and Network Protocols (FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, etc.) Preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word or Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills on the phone as well as in person
- Ability to thrive and learn quickly in a lively work environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a passion for problem solving and investigation
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work both work independently as well as a team
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays (including your birthday)
- Life, ADD and LTD insurance
- 401k Matching up to 4%
- Casual Dress
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.